You only have one chance to make a first impression.
Your home may well be your biggest investment, so when the time comes to sell – Think RE/MAX metro-city.
Our professional sales representatives will help you get your home ready for sale and maximize your profit.
- View your home from the curb and make touch ups to landscaping and exterior paint. Plant flowers in pots to add colour.
- Address numbers and mailboxes should be hung straight. Numbers should be easily seen from the street. Ensure all exterior light bulbs are working and turned on at night.
- Kitchens and bathrooms are big selling features, replace discoloured, missing, or loose grout around ceramic tiles and ensure caulking is free of mildew.
- A fresh coat of paint will make any tired house look fresh and is a very inexpensive way of freshening up an interior. Don’t forget to do the baseboards.
- Open the blinds or drapes. Potential purchasers want to see bright and airy rooms. Replace light bulbs and consider using brighter voltage bulbs for dark corners.
- Cut out the clutter. Clean out the closets, basement, and other storage areas, and remove clutter from counter tops. Storage space is crucial to most homebuyers.
- Fix loose or broken doorknobs. Ensure fixtures and fittings are tightened.
- Fresh flowers are always a nice touch.
These simple repairs can make a positive impact when showing your property. Remember – you don’t get a second chance to make a first impression, so be sure to take the time to make the right one first.